- A dessert similar to ice cream was enjoyed in the 5th century B.C.
- 1300s Marco Polo brought an early form of ice cream to Europe.
- 1700s ice cream is enjoyed in America by high society.
- 1880s the ices cream sundae was born!
- 1904 the waffle cone debuted at the World’s Fair in St Louis, MO.
- 129 Rocky Road became the first widely available flavor, besides vanilla, chocolate and strawberry.
- 1984 President Ronald Reagan signed the National Ice Cream Day and Month into law (July 9, 1984) from joint resolution 298 by Senator Walter Huddleston of Kentucky.
- TODAY – next to cookies, ice cream is the best-selling treat in America!
What’s your favorite flavor?